Major and catastrophic claims require the most expertise on the part of your legal representative.
That is why at MCL, we have established a major claims team, which deals exclusively with claims in excess of one million dollars. This group of lawyers has all the knowledge and resources to take on the might of the insurance companies and win.
While major claims is not something that is treated separately in law, we have found that the insurers will heavily contest these larger claims. It is vital that you secure a solicitor experienced in major claims who can navigate these technical, medical and legal issues.
In our experience claims for injuries
- resulting in paraplegia;
- resulting in quadriplegia;
- concerning birth defects; and
- involving brain injuries
are often much more difficult to resolve.
For more specific information, give us a call and one of our expert solicitors will give you some free initial advice.
- A payment for non-economic loss
- Past lost wages and/or earnings
- Projected future lost wages and/or earnings
- Medical expenses which may be needed for future treatment
- Rehabilitation and other services
- The value of any services provided in the past to members of the family, such as the claimant's contribution to the household
- The cost of architectural modifications to your home
- The cost of a modified motor vehicle, including maintenance (where appropriate)
- The cost of care provided in the home
- The cost of care which a person may require in the future
- Vocational assessments
- Rehabilitation assessments
- Assessment of care requirements
- Neurological assessments
- Assessment of future travel needs
- Assessment of required modification of a motor vehicle