ComcareGet Free Consultation
At Monaco Compensation Lawyers (MCL) we have an experienced legal team dealing specifically with Commonwealth workers compensation (Comcare) claims.
This practice group is supervised by senior lawyers who are accredited as specialists in personal injury law and have many years of experience in this field.
We are dedicated to supporting our clients at every stage of the process, from the initial consultation through to a resolution. We note that the expenses of preparing a claim can cause great concern, so we cover all expenses.
Do I have a Comcare Claim?
The Commonwealth workers compensation scheme (“Comcare”) covers employees of Federal Government Departments, employees in the ACT public sector and some national companies who are licensees under the Comcare system. Licensees include companies such as Australia Post, Commonwealth Bank, DHL, Linfox, National Australia Bank, Optus, StarTrack, Telstra, TNT and Wilson Security.
If you have been injured at work, as a result of or during work activities, you will likely be eligible to make a workers compensation claim under the Commonwealth Compensation System. Benefits of this system are available regardless of who was at fault. The benefits extend to:
- Casual employees
- Full time and part time employees
- People who may be deemed to be workers
If you are unsure or just want to find out about your rights, contact Monaco Compensation Lawyers ('MCL') for a free consultation on 1300 769 665 or use this contact form.
What do I do if I have been hurt at work or during work hours?
There are several steps you should take if you have been hurt at work, including:
- Getting medical attention right away, even if your injuries appear to be minor;
- Notifying your employer as soon as possible of your workplace accident and/or injury;
- Ask your treating doctor for a Medical Certificate for Compensation; and
- Completing a workers compensation claim form which the employer is required to provide on request.
To avoid losing your right to claim compensation, it is important to seek prompt legal advice sooner rather than later. Call us for a free consultation today to see how we can help you on 1300 769 665.
How can MCL help me?
MCL specializes in workers compensation. Over the years, we have finalized thousands of claims on behalf of our clients. (See our recent wins) Our specialist legal team is in constant contact with our panel of medical and other experts, who assist us in investigating and preparing our clients’ claims. Following the initial conference, our lawyers will:
- Evaluate your potential entitlements, including statutory and/or common law claims;
- Gather necessary evidence, such as records relating to your employment, vocational history;
- Help you prepare the necessary documents to put the insurer on notice of your claim;
- Obtain all the necessary medical and other expert evidence in support of your claim;
- Request Comcare or the insurer review their decision if your claim is declined
- File an Application for Review in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Ensure that you receive thorough and comprehensive advice at every stage of your claim, including telephone conferences, conciliation and AAT hearings and;
- Ensure you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve to ease your pain and suffering
Can I get free advice over the phone?
At MCL, our lawyers are more than happy to provide you with free initial advice over the phone. In fact, you will be able to speak to one of our specialists the very first time you call our offices.
After your free initial phone consultation with one of our lawyers, we can arrange an appointment with you at any of our offices.
In some cases, we understand that it may be difficult for you to travel. In this situation, we can always arrange a home or hospital visit.
Things you need to know about the claims process
Under the Commonwealth compensation system, Comcare acts as the insurer for Federal and ACT government employees as well as regulating the Commonwealth workers compensation system. Some national employees are licensees under this system and are either self-insured or have an external insurer.
If Comcare or the insurer have determined they are not liable for a claim, there is a 30-day time limit to request they reconsider their determination. If Comcare or the insurer maintain their decision there is a 60-day time limit to commence proceedings in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
What compensation am I entitled to under the law?
The law allows you to recover compensation with respect to the following:
- Incapacity payments for loss of earnings;
- Medical expenses;
- Traveling expenses;
- Rehabilitation expenses;
- Permanent impairment in certain circumstances or
- Further compensation where there was negligence involved
The aim of the law is to put a monetary value on the losses suffered by an injured person. Call us for a free consultation today to discuss your possible entitlements on 1300 769 665.
What else can I claim? Superannuation and TPD
Many superannuation policies provide cover for those who are totally and permanently disabled due to an accident. This cover will usually be in the form of a lump sum payment that is provided on top of any claims, such as a claim for compensation.
Further, you may be able to receive some funds through a personal insurance policy. For example, this may be the case if you have life insurance, income protection insurance, or sickness and accident insurance, which may include provisions for compensation should you be injured in an accident.
At MCL, we have a senior team of lawyers that are specialized in Superannuation/Total and Permanent Disability who can determine whether you are covered under the policy. For more information about superannuation claims, please visit superannuation page. Call us today to talk to one of our experts at 1300 769 665.
Why choose MCL?
MCL is one of Australia’s premier workers compensation law firms. We are confident in our abilities. That is why we provide a ‘No Win No Fee Guarantee’ to all of our clients. This means that you will only need to pay us for our work if and when your claim is successfully finalized. Read more here.
Our lawyers have the expertise and experience to take on the big insurance companies, which usually represent medical service providers in these claims. We have the financial muscle to go the distance against the limitless resources that can be deployed by these insurance companies.
At MCL you will have your own lawyer, who will always be available to answer your questions and provide advice in relation to your workers compensation claim. Read about recent wins here.
What it will cost - No Win No Fee Guarantee
Work-related injuries can often leave scars both physical and psychological. They can also lead to financial hardship. Add to this the pressures and uncertainty of litigation, and it can all be a bit too much. It is for these reasons, that:
- We offer No Win No Fee Guarantee;
- We offer free advice at your initial consultation;
- We do not charge for any expenses and will cover all expenses including medical reports and court filing fees, unless we successfully resolve your case;
- Unlike other firms, you do not have to pay us back the money we have spent on your case if you do not win;
- We provide you with a simple and easy to understand contract before we begin the work; and
We provide a clear estimate of our legal fees before we begin the work.