Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
At Monaco Compensation Lawyers (MCL), we have a specialist legal team dealing specifically with motor vehicle accident claims.
This practice group is supervised by senior lawyers who are accredited as specialists in personal injury law and have many years of experience in this field. Our lawyers are widely known in the industry due to their track record of success in the field of motor accident law.
We are dedicated to supporting our clients at every stage of the process, from the initial consultation through to a resolution. we note that the expenses of preparing a claim can cause great concern, so we cover all expenses. We have the ability to go toe to toe with large insurance companies, who will often expend substantial resources defending claims.
- Drivers injured in an accident where the other vehicle was at fault;
- Passengers injured in an accident with another vehicle;
- Passenger injured in a single vehicle accident;
- Pedestrian hit by a vehicle;
- Cyclist accidents;
- Motorcyclist hit by a vehicle;
- Driver or passenger in a tram/bus/train accident; and
- Getting medical attention right away, even if your injuries appear to be minor;
- Obtaining full details of any other vehicles and drivers involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses;
- Informing police as soon as possible about the accident (within 28 days);
- Obtaining legal advice regarding your rights and obligations; and
- You will need to lodge the claim with the correct insurer within 6 months of the date of the accident.
- Evaluate your claim;
- Gather necessary evidence, such as names, registration numbers and insurance details of the vehicles involved;
- Obtain and explain police reports relating to your accident;
- Contact the relevant insurance companies;
- Obtain all the necessary medical evidence;
- Obtain other evidence, which may be relevant to your claim, including documents from accountants, actuaries, accident reconstruction experts, occupational therapists and other experts;
- Ensure that you receive thorough and comprehensive advice at every stage of your claim, including settlement conferences, mediations, CARS assessment and court hearing; and
- Most disputes between the claimant and the insurer are managed by the Claims Assessment and Resolution Service (‘CARS’);
- Once the insurer accepts the claim, it will begin paying for your medical expenses. However, common law damages are only paid once your claim is finalised. In some situations, such as financial hardship, we can apply for an interim payment, releasing some of the compensation to you before your claim is fully finalised;
- Medical disputes are managed by Medical Assessment Service (‘MAS’); and
- In the event that the insurer declines liability, the claim becomes exempt from CARS and usually proceeds to the District Court to be determined by a judge.
- Loss of earnings;
- Medical expenses;
- Travel expenses;
- Rehabilitation expenses;
- Assistance with personal care and domestic tasks;
- Interim payments during the claim process in certain circumstances;
- Permanent impairment in certain circumstances; and
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances.
- We offer No Win No Fee Guarantee;
- We offer free advice at your initial consultation;
- We do not charge for any expenses and will cover all expenses including medical reports and court filing fees, unless we successfully resolve your case;
- Unlike other firms, you do not have to pay us back the money we have spent on your case if you do not win;
- We provide you with a simple and easy to understand contract before we begin the work;
- We provide a clear estimate of our legal fees before we begin the work; and
- We will apply for interim payments if you experience financial hardship during the claim process.