Workers Compensation Claims
At Monaco Compensation Lawyers (MCL) we have an exclusive team of workers compensation lawyers who deal only with workers compensation claims.
This practice group is supervised by senior lawyers who are accredited as specialists in personal injury law and have many years of experience in this field. Our lawyers are widely known in the industry due to their track record of success in the field of workers compensation.
We are dedicated to supporting our clients at every stage of the process, from the initial consultation through to a resolution. we note that the expenses of preparing a claim can cause great concern, so we cover all expenses. We have the ability to go toe to toe with large insurance companies, who will often expend substantial resources defending claims.
- Casual employees;
- Full time and part time employees;
- Self employed individuals in some cases; and
- People who may be deemed to be workers.
- Getting medical attention right away, even if your injuries appear to be minor;
- Notifying your employer as soon as possible of your workplace accident and/or injury;
- Ask your treating doctor for a WorkCover Medical Certificate; and
- Completing a workers compensation claim form which the employer is required to provide on request.
- Evaluate your potential entitlements, including statutory and/or common law claims;
- Gather necessary evidence, such as records relating to your employment, vocational history;
- Help you prepare the necessary documents to put the insurer on notice of your claim;
- Liaise with the WorkCover Independent Review Office (WIRO) through which funding for your legal costs can be obtained (Our lawyers are approved legal services providers by WIRO).
- Obtain all the necessary medical and other expert evidence in support of your claim;
- Lodge a claim with the Workers Compensation Commission ('WCC') in the event of a dispute with the insurer;
- Ensure that you receive thorough and comprehensive advice at every stage of your claim, including settlement conferences, mediations, court hearings; and
- Ensure you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve to ease your pain and suffering; and
- Advise you on a potential ‘Work Injury Damages' claim
- Workers Compensation scheme operates under a no-fault scheme meaning you may be entitled to compensation even if you were at fault;
- Legal funding for preparing your claim can be obtained from the Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO). This means that WIRO pays your legal costs and expenses directly to your lawyer and you bear no liability for legal costs;
- You may have a further claim against your employer if negligence was involved.
- Weekly compensation for loss of earnings;
- Medical expenses;
- Travelling expenses;
- Rehabilitation expenses;
- Permanent impairment in certain circumstances; and
- Further compensation where there was negligence involved
- That your employer was negligent; and
- Be assessed at 15% Whole Person Impairment or greater.
- We offer No Win No Fee Guarantee;
- We offer free advice at your initial consultation;
- We do not charge for any expenses and will cover all expenses including medical reports and court filing fees, unless we successfully resolve your case;
- Unlike other firms, you do not have to pay us back the money we have spent on your case if you do not win;
- We provide you with a simple and easy to understand contract before we begin the work; and