Public Liability Claims
At Monaco Compensation Lawyers (MCL) we have a specialist team dealing exclusively with general negligence claims.
This practice group is supervised by senior lawyers who are accredited as specialists in personal injury law and have many years of experience in this field. Our lawyers are widely known in the industry due to their track record of success in the field of general negligence and public liability law.
We are dedicated to supporting our clients at every stage of the process, from the initial consultation through to a resolution. we note that the expenses of preparing a claim can cause great concern, so we cover all expenses. We have the ability to go toe to toe with large insurance companies, who will often expend substantial resources defending claims.
- The person or company owed a duty of care to you;
- That the person or company breached their duty of care. For example, a supermarket must ensure the health and safety of its customers. If a customer slips and falls due to a spill on the floor, this may be a breach of the supermarkets duty of care; and
- That any injuries or disabilities you have suffered result from the breach of duty of care by the person or company.
- Injuries in parks or other public places (e.g. slips, trips and falls);
- Injuries in rental premises (e.g. landlord/tenant);
- Injuries in private buildings (e.g. shopping centres, night clubs or bars);
- Injuries caused by animals (e.g. dog attacks, horse-riding accidents);
- Back injuries as a result of a fall in public;
- Schoolyard injuries;
- Amusement venue injuries;
- Recreational and sporting injuries (e.g. jet-ski and diving accidents);
- Aviation and boating injuries; and
- Physical assaults.
- Getting medical attention right away, even if your injuries appear to be minor;
- Informing the establishment as soon as possible about the accident;
- Take photographs of the accident location (both before and after any repairs);
- Take photographs of your injury;
- Keep copies of medical records, x-rays and scans and any correspondence between yourself and the other party;
- Obtaining legal advice sooner rather than later; and
- You will need to commence court proceedings within 3 years from the time when you became aware of the seriousness of the injury and the fact that this injury may have been caused by the negligence of the other party.
- Evaluate your claim;
- Gather necessary evidence, such as names, surveillance footage; details of the other party involved;
- Contact the party at fault if and when required;
- Obtain all the necessary expert medical evidence;
- Obtain additional evidence, which may be relevant to your claim, including documents from accountants, actuaries, occupational therapists, liability experts and the like;
- Commence court proceedings where appropriate and navigate your claim through the court system;
- Ensure that you receive thorough and comprehensive advice at every stage of your claim, including informal settlement conferences, mediations and court hearings; and
- Ensure you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve to ease your pain and suffering.
- It defines the types of compensation you can claim under the law;
- It defines the nature and extent of duty of care that applies in particular circumstances;
- It creates defences to potential claims in certain circumstances, such as recreational activities or claims made against government instrumentalities;
- It establishes time limits for bringing a claim against person or company; and
- It limits the recovery of compensation and legal costs in certain situations.
- Pain and suffering (non-economic loss); and
- Past and future wage loss or loss of earnings;
- Past and future loss of superannuation entitlements where appropriate;
- Past and future expenses (such as medical, travel and home and vehicle modifications);
- Care and help provided by friends, family or commercial care costs.
- We offer No Win No Fee Guarantee;
- We offer free advice at your initial consultation;
- We do not charge for any expenses and will cover all expenses including medical reports and court filing fees, unless we successfully resolve your case;
- Unlike other firms, you do not have to pay us back the money we have spent on your case if you do not win;
- We provide you with a simple and easy to understand contract before we begin the work; and
- We provide a clear estimate of our legal fees before we begin the work.